Tuesday, February 24, 2009
A three-day auction of over 700 items from the late Yves Saint Laurent's personal estate are on the auction block this week at Christie's and are expected to earn a sum of $384 million. The collection includes works from Mondrian, Brancusi and Matisse among others - sales of which will go to benefit a new foundation dedicated to scientific research and the fight against AIDS, which is being spearheaded by Saint Laurent's longtime partner Pierre Berge. [CNN]
- ► 2010 (137)
- "I used to be your favorite drunk..."
- A three-day auction of over 700 items from the lat...
- An interesting article in yesterday's New York Tim...
- I'm at The Daily Beast this week editing New York ...
- Star In Your Own Romance Novel For A Mere $40
- Fashion shows MILFs some love... "like that 10 yea...
- Aggy, Iggy & Iris Show Some Love
- M.I.A. To Perform On Due Date
- An International Herald Tribune piece today dedica...
- Spinal Tap to release first album in 19 years says...
- ▼ February (12)