Band of Outsiders and Boy--the men's and womenswear collections, respectively, from LA-based Scott Sternberg--are synonymous with innovative seasonal presentations (in the past Sternberg has employed Kirsten Dunst, Michelle Williams and Max Minghella as models, traded the catwalk for video installations, not to mention Band of Outsider's site consists solely of a bare-boned blog). Not surprisingly, for Band of Outsiders' holiday collection, Sternberg is at it again. This time around he's enlisted photographer Paul Jasmin (who was once romantically linked to Bruce Weber, worked in Warhol's factory, and provided the eery voice behind Hitchcock's Mrs. Bates) as the model for looks that include a three-piece, mustard yellow velvet suit and sumptuous cashmere topcoat with raccoon collar. In typical Band of Outsiders fashion, the look book is entirely shot on Polaroid film and pictures Jasmin in a stylishly-outfitted bachelor pad. Another favorite from the collection: a silk Jacquard Dinner Jacket that screams 'talk of the Christmas party.'
- ► 2010 (137)
- ► 2009 (122)
- Eco Chic: Nicolas Ghesquière Likes His Latex
- That's A Wrap: Yokoo's Otherwordly Knits
- Factory Fashion: Legendary Photographer Paul Jasmi...
- October Anniversary: Eco-Friendly Jewelry With Inb...
- Bladerunner: EGR Channels Ridley Scott's Classic
- Artful Fashion: Curators Pose For Yohji
- Mug Shots: Magazines Put Their Best Face Forward
- ▼ October (7)