Monday, December 1, 2008
Booze Begot Radiohead Collaborator's Record Label
Artist Stanley Donwood--the face behind nearly all of Radiohead's inimitable merch and cover art--is launching a record label. Of the project's conception he has this to say...
'SIX INCH RECORDS' is a project that may take a little explaining. The story begins around the time of Christmas 2006, when I drunkenly decided to become a record label boss. Every man needs a hobby, or so the cliché has it, and if I was going to make a late-stage attempt at normality then that was one of the things that I should do. So, still reeling from red wine, I typed out a email to three musicians that I knew, suggesting that I release their music on my as-yet-unnamed record label.
Ah, the power of inebriation...
- ► 2010 (137)
- ► 2009 (122)
- The Angelina Effect
- Christy Turlington in W Spring '09
- Tribal Chic Is In
- This speaks to me on many levels...
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- Advertising Hits New Low
- What Women Want...
- Attention Lou Reed Fans
- Cannibalistic Squids Losing Their Appetite
- Gossip Girl's Discount Product Placement
- Daily Candy does someecards and they're kind of aw...
- According to Merriam-Webster, the top five words o...
- New Yorkers mark your calendars...
- Booze Begot Radiohead Collaborator's Record Label
- ▼ December (15)