From the Editorial Corrections of the Year (courtesy of Andrew Sullivan)...
Correction of the Year
One of the year’s most coveted awards goes to none other than Dave Barry. Here’s how the famous humor writer chose to correct a misspelling he made in a column published by the Miami Herald:
In yesterday’s column about badminton, I misspelled the name of Guatemalan player Kevin Cordon. I apologize. In my defense, I want to note that in the same column I correctly spelled Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarak, Poompat Sapkulchananart and Porntip Buranapraseatsuk. So by the time I got to Kevin Cordon, my fingers were exhausted.
In the June 20 “Culturebox,” Jonah Weiner stated that Lil Wayne was the first hip-hop artist to fantasize about eating his competition. Other rappers have contemplated consuming their rivals.
- ► 2010 (137)
- ► 2009 (122)
- The Angelina Effect
- Christy Turlington in W Spring '09
- Tribal Chic Is In
- This speaks to me on many levels...
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- Advertising Hits New Low
- What Women Want...
- Attention Lou Reed Fans
- Cannibalistic Squids Losing Their Appetite
- Gossip Girl's Discount Product Placement
- Daily Candy does someecards and they're kind of aw...
- According to Merriam-Webster, the top five words o...
- New Yorkers mark your calendars...
- Booze Begot Radiohead Collaborator's Record Label
- ▼ December (15)