Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Photog Michael Lavine On Kurt & Courtney, Love
Photographer Michael Lanvine has snapped countless mega-celebrities, as well as a slew of grunge era bands (from Sonic Youth and Soundgarden, to the Flaming Lips). In a recent interview with Feature Shoot, Lanvine discusses both his recent professional reinvention, as well as the story behind the Kurt & Courtney portrait pictured above. Of the latter, he says:
We shot the photos at my Bleeker St loft on the Bowery. I remember that my friends Andrea Linett and Janet Billig were there. I remember the ridiculous twelve foot silk lighting setup I used. I remember people having to go out and score dope. I remember Kurt telling me that the reason that he loved Courtney so much was that she was the only girl he knew that would stand up at a party and smash a glass table to bits just for the hell of it. I remember thinking that was a pretty odd reason to love someone.
[via Cool Hunting]
- ► 2010 (137)
- NYC's '21 Club' Isn't the Only Legendary Instituti...
- Barack Gives His Best Single Lady
- Photog Michael Lavine On Kurt & Courtney, Love
- T.I. Has New Reality Show, Gives Impromptu Stripte...
- Joaquin Phoenix Debuts MC Skills In Vegas
- Very. Good. Music.
- via PSFK
- Want to get sworn in on Inauguration Day just like...
- Antony To Debut Artwork In London
- The Lifespan Of Limerance
- A Letter From Your Coolest Friend
- Meet Nico...
- A Taste Of The Genius That Is Zach G
- In Bed With Spielberg, Warhol & (Bianca) Jagger
- Like short films and in need of a good laugh? Head...
- UC Med School Talent Show
- ▼ January (16)